Why use Sculpt?
Almost every 3d model imported into 3ds Max from CAD and BIM software has issues. Sculpt is designed to fix many of the problems encountered during this workflow, including retopologizing tools to rebuild clean 3d geometry.
Sculpt is not designed to fix an entire imported scene in one go, (We would all love that right!). Use Sculpt by working through a model in sections, for example, an imported Revit or SketchUp large architectural model should be cleaned up in manageable areas, such as one block at a time.
The retopologizing tools will not rebuild a detailed Revit model. The retopo massing is designed to fix typical massing 3d models exported from CAD and BIM that contain stacked, triangulated and damaged geometry and rebuild it as clean geometry. The rotopology plane tools allow you to recreate 3d terrains containing loads of overlapping faces etc, creating new single mesh quad geometry.
- Find and remove double faces and isolated vertices.
- Retopologize imported architectural massing models.
- Retopologize terrain with live visual guide.
- Bulk detach and attach with multiple options.
- Unify polygon and mesh normals.
- Manipulate material IDs and smoothing groups of multiple objects.
Requirements & Supported Software
- Static MacID
- Autodesk 3ds Max 2015 - 2019
Try / BuyAvailable for 30-day free trial. See price page for subscriptions.