Support Forum

Realtime update of changes in Vray ?

• Paolo Zambrini
  • Paolo Zambrini's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 weeks 11 hours ago #367 by Paolo Zambrini
Paolo Zambrini created the topic: Realtime update of changes in Vray ?
hi all,
trying Sini Scatter and it seems a very smart tool, very similar to Lightwave's one, where i have control over single instance's placement.
forest pack is much heavier and still lacks fundamental things like these so i definitely keep an eye on this tool to replace FP in all our workstations.
One important thing would be having realtime update of changes inside Vray realtime preview, which does not seem to happen - i have to reload full scene to see changes.
Do you plan to add this feature for final release ?

thanks
Paolo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 10 hours ago #368 by SiNi_Josh
SiNi_Josh replied the topic: Realtime update of changes in Vray ?
Hi Paolo,
Yes, we are currently adding it in and it will hopefully be added to our next patch release or next full release, as there is a lot of testing etc to make sure everything works correctly. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.
Many Thanks
Josh

• Paolo Zambrini
  • Paolo Zambrini's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 weeks 10 hours ago - 2 weeks 10 hours ago #369 by Paolo Zambrini
Paolo Zambrini replied the topic: Realtime update of changes in Vray ?
Great.
Let me add some other observations.
One thing i really miss in FP is using brush not only for placing, but also for scaling. 99% of the times i need to tweak vegetation size locally and having to paint a custom map for this is not a way. Since paint tool is already in place, what if you add scale painting capabilities to it ?

Another one, i get contant crashes when exporting to corona.
Also export could be faster - some tools in other softwares use dynamic buffering (they send stuff to render pipeline in background while you work, and when you hit render they export only last changes). It would be supercool and would make export much faster.

For the rest it's a superb tool.

Paolo
Last Edit: 2 weeks 10 hours ago by Paolo Zambrini. Reason: missing parts